Rules and Regulations
The Bachelor of Education programme, generally known as B.Ed. is a professional course that prepares teachers for upper primary or middle level (Classes VI to VIII), secondary level (Classes IX- X) and senior secondary level Classes (XI- XII). The programme will be offered through the affiliated B. Ed. colleges which are recognized by the NCTE.
In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 44 of Karnataka State Universities Act 2000, the Academic Council of Kuvempu University frames the following regulations.
- These Regulations shall be called as Kuvempu University Regulations: 2014-2015 governing Two Year B.Ed., Degree Programme (Semester Scheme).
- Ed., Degree Programme shall be offered under the Faculty of Education.
- Candidates must be citizens of India and should be candidates from Karnataka for claiming seats under Government quota. “Karnataka candidates” means,
- Student who has studied for a least 7 (Seven) full academic years in any one of the Government or Government recognised institutions in Karnataka from first Grade up to II P.U.C/ 12th Grade or qualifying examination, and
- Passed either S.S.L.C/10th standard or P.U.C./12th standard examination in Karnataka.
- Candidates who have passed either S.S.L.C or student in open schools the period of seven years study shall not be insisted. However such candidates shall produce domicile certificate for 7 years from the Tahasildar of concerned Taluk.
- Candidates who have passed either S.S.L.C. or P.U.C. either in open schools or as private candidates shall produce the relevant Marks Card or a certificate from the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board/Directorate of Pre-University Education which certifies that he/she is a “private candidate”. In respect of candidates who have taken more than one year to pass a class/Grade, the years of academic study is counted as one year only for this purpose.
- Candidates must be graduates with 50% marks either in Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters’ Degree in sciences/social sciences/humanities, Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technology with specialisation in science and mathematics with 55% of marks or any other qualifications equivalent there to are eligible for admission to the course.
- Candidates shall have a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate of all the three years of Degree including electives and languages, including 10% internal assessment marks or shall have 50% of marks in aggregate of all the two years of post-graduate degree. Students of Bachelor of Engineering or technology should have at least 55% of marks in science and mathematics in aggregate in all the years of the above two subjects studied. But SC, ST, C I and Physically handicapped candidates shall have a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate of all the three years of Degree including electives and languages, including 10% in internal assessment marks. Or 50% of marks in aggregate of all the two years of Post graduate degree. Students of Bachelor of Engineering or technology should have at least 50% of marks in science and mathematics in aggregate in all the years of the above two subjects studied.
- Determination of merit:
For Admission to B.Ed. programme the aggregate marks obtained in all the three years examination including languages and including 10% of internal marks shall be taken into consideration while preparing merit list. Students who do not possess essential marks required for eligibility for admission to B.Ed. Course the aggregate marks obtained in the two year post graduate degree will be considered for merit. Further the aggregate marks obtained in the Science and Mathematics subjects of the students of Bachelor of Engineering will be considered for merit.
- The reservation of seats will be as per the rules and regulations of the State Government.
(1) In-service Candidates seeking admission for the Bachelor of Education shall conform to the eligibility conditions prescribed by the state Government from time to time provided that they satisfy the subject requirements stipulated in regulation.
(2) Eligibility criteria will be followed as per Government rules mentioned in the Centralized Admission cell prospectus.
- In case a candidate or his/her parents or guardian furnishes false or incorrect information regarding marks card or statement of marks or a certificate or an affidavit along with the application, such application shall be liable to be rejected and the seat, if any, allotted to such candidates shall be liable to be forfeited. Such candidates, his/her parents or guardian as the case may be, shall also render themselves shall be liable to be punished legally. However the University may consider that action should be taken under appropriate rules for rejection of an application and cancellation of a seat and that it shall pass an appropriate order after holding such an enquiry as it deems necessary and after giving reasonable opportunity to the candidates or his/her parents or guardian concerned to make a representation.
Quality assessment committee
There shall be a Quality Assessment Committee to review and advice and monitor the internal assessment marks of Internship and Practicum.
- Chairman: Dean, Faculty of Education / senior most Teacher of College of Education by Rotation shall be the chairman of the Quality Assessment Committee.
- Three senior most faculties with minimum 10 years’ experience on the gradation list on seniority cum rotation, one from science faculty and one from arts faculty will be the members of the Quality Assessment Committee.
- The Principal of the visiting college shall be co-opted if he/she is not already a member of the board. The membership of such principal is limited to his/her college.
- In the event of number of colleges of Education increasing beyond 10 additional Quality Assessment Committee shall be constituted by Kuvempu University. Further the additional committee will consist of new members as mentioned above.
- The candidate has to appear before the Quality Assessment Committee and submit all the records during the first attempt. There is no provision for submission of records in the fourth coming visits of the QAC.
- The Quality Assessment Committee constituted shall visit the B.Ed. colleges of Kuvempu University during the end of each semester for all the four semesters. The committee that has visited a college in the first semester shall visit the same college in all the other semesters.
- Norms & standards for recognition of teacher education programme (B.Ed.,) issued by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) from time to time shall be adopted.
- These revised regulations shall apply to the candidates admitted from the academic year 2015-16and onwards.
- Declaration of results, rank, gracing, challenge valuation, provision for appeal are as per the existing regulations of Kuvempu University.
- The candidate has to pass both in internal assessment and theory examination with 50% pass percentage -minimum 40 in each subject and an aggregate 50 in all the subjects.
- There is no provision for improvement of internal assessment and internship marks.
- In case the candidate does not appear for IA then He / She should appear as a repeater of the semester after seeking readmission to that semester.
- Any other issues not envisaged in the above shall be resolved by the Vice-chancellor/ Academic council of Kuvempu University, whose decision shall be final and binding on parties concerned.