National Service Scheme
The National Service Scheme is an Indian government sponsored public service programme conducted by the Ministry of youth affairs and Sports of the government of India. Popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji’s centenary year in 1969. Aimed at developing student’s personality through community service, NSS is a voluntary association of young people in colleges.
Motto :‘Not me, but you’
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilising community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony
NSS Unit, Kumadvathi College of Education was formed with the accreditation of Kuvempu University in 2019-20 Academic year. Kumadwati College of Education plays a vital role in the all-round development of the student’s teachers, with the development of the NSS, training the students with a service spirit, training in personality development, life skills, job skills and more.